Wear the Pin and Share our Story

Together we support Fullerton College and Fulllerton College Students. Share your FC story, ask others about theirs and celebrate!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dave Marzan, FC Alum now attending NY University School of Medicine!

My name is Dave Marzan and I attended FUllerton College from 2004-2007. I started my college education as a Liberal Arts major without a clear direction of my academic future. After taking basic biology 101 with Dr. Wu and Basic Chemistry with Dr. Bianchino, I became deeply interested in the scientific world. I continued my interest by taking numerous courses with Dr. Young, Feaster, and Collins. I decided transferring to UC San Diego would be a good fit for my interests. Dr. Young and Feaster obliged by writing me letters of recommendations.
In my subsequent three years at UC San Diego, I decided to major in Neurosciences and Physiology, worked as a laboratory assistant, earned a position on the Dean's list for my academic performance, went to Cornell for a summer internship and was published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.
If it was not for the foundation and guidance I received at Fullerton College this would of not been possible. I graduated from UCSD in 2009 with a 3.5 GPA and applied to New York University School of Medicine. I am now living in Manhattan and starting my second year of doctoral studies here at NYU. I have come a long way since Fullerton College.
Thank you Fullerton College, for all the invaluable opportunities that you presented to me. No matter where I go and do, I will always remember where I came from.

Dave Marzan

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to share your story

Contact us at info@foundationfc.com to submit your story or to schedule an interview and we will write your story for you!

Search This Blog